As a Venturer, I promise to do my duty to God and help strengthen America, to help others, and to seek truth, fairness, and adventure in our world.
PR Checklist for EventsDo you want to promote your Crew, District, Council, or Area event that is open to Venturers from all councils? Here is a checklist of some of the social media sites that you can use to promote your event. Many Venturers stay informed through a variety sources, so do not be afraid to post your event information to more than one of these sites. Remember to get the information on your event out early. Others may want to attend, but they need time to set up transportation and make sure their schedule is available.
Central Region Venturing Website:
Did you know that the Central Region Venturing website is the most viewed Venturing site in the country? You can get your event information posted to the site so all of those viewers can see information on your event coming up. Once your event is approved, you can refer to the URL in your messages and invitations to the event.
- Post your event to the Central Region Website Events Page
- Go to this page to submit your event: http://www.crventuring.org/event_submission.php
Central Region Venturing Region/Area Newsletters:
Area 1 http://www.crventuring.org/Area_Pages/Area_1/
- Central Region Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Region-Venturing/5584419563
- Central Region Area Facebook Groups, to find out the Facebook Groups, go here: http://www.crventuring.org/Area_Pages/Central_Region_Areas/
- Don’t forget to promote your event to neighboring council Facebook Groups. To find out which councils are near yours, please go to here: http://www.crventuring.org/Links/Council_Links
-Also promote your event on different Area Groups that neighbor your Area. Some units like to travel. With that in mind, you can also promote your event on the Venturing, BSA Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_2207630622#!/home.php?sk=group_2207630622&ap=1
- Promote in on your Council, Districts, or Crew Facebook Groups/Pages. You will need to search your council/district in Facebook to find their Group/Page to post the event information. Some events are great promoting events for other Scouts.
- For your event you can also create an Event page on Facebook. When you create an Event page, create it on the host group. Example, if your crew is hosting an event and your crew has a Facebook Group then you can create the Event page from your group and then post links of the Event page onto other Facebook Groups/Pages. This then has one main Event page that questions can be asked and you can get a general idea of the number of RSVPs for the event.
If you have any questions about how and where, please contact either the Central Region Venturing Vice President of Communications, the Area Vice President of Communications, or the Area or Region Associate Advisor for Communications.